Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Art of Table Design and Food Presentation

My sister -in-law, Marilyn, is an amazing chef. We were blessed to be guests at her feasting table on Thanksgiving. She and my brother, Gary are extraordinary hosts and I just wanted to share this beautiful presentation of the appetizers.

The enjoyment is doubly enhanced for most of us by the way that food is presented. I just love, Marilyn's style, the floral arrangement, the dishes, all of it. She served a delightfully spiced goat cheese and sesame seed flat bread crackers, bread sticks, olives, and vegetables, and made her own hummus that was delicious. And have you ever seen a table so healthy or more pleasingly presented?


She also created a delicious and festive drink. It was 1/2 white cranberry juice (preserving your carpet, rather than taking a chance on the red) 1/2 sparkling water and a squeeze of lime or orange. It was amazing and refreshing. Marilyn is so talented in the kitchen, she rarely cooks the same thing twice. (I cannot comprehend this, can you?) My brother is one lucky man!

Double click the photo to enjoy.
The meal was exquisite!
I am thankful for the amazing talents of artistic people!


0 comments: